Saturday, October 11, 2008

update til now

After the two highly melancholic posts, I think it's appropriate to give something less saddening to you all :). (and also I am trying to entertain myself out of my saddened self).

School's been fine so far. I don't think I'm coping up that well for the lesson but I guess time is all I need to adjust. Probably won't get a high GPA or something but I'm quite enthusiastic that next term will be better.

One week recess is about to end in... two days (counting) - although recess does not feel like a recess at all.

However, some entertaining things had happened. DESA practice, for one. DESA is abbreviation for Dance-Eat-Sing-Act - a performance by SMUKI (SMU Komunitas Indonesia) to be performed next Friday (Oct 17). At first all these gamelan practices felt really boring but on combined rehearsal - it's a different case.

It is safe to assume that all SMUKI-ers are quite out of their mind -- especially after today. So after rehearsal those who don't really have other stuffs to do (me, for instance) stayed behind, helping the Narojeng (sp?) dance team to practice. During the vacant time, however, they turned the rehearsal to live-band performance; starring Ernest, Sylvia, Sugiek, and several others xD. Quite entertaining, they are.

Also, I've never thought that Hiubert (forgive the weird name spelling), could perform the sissy dukun very well. He's super funny and I cannot stop laughing. For those reading this post, DESA next Friday really SHOULD NOT be missed.

You will get a preview of Indonesian culture, as well as entertaining show, and... of course, FOOD! (Padang cuisine :3)

0 comments :