Thursday, March 12, 2009

Writing: a result of practice

Do you believe that practice makes perfect?

There is this one argument that I made when I was really really lazy during Pelatnas 1 TOKI regarding this statement.

Practice makes perfect but nobody is perfect. So, why bother?

That was my thoughts back then.

Well, actually it still kind of makes sense now. What is wrong there is the statement 'practice makes perfect'. Instead of this, it should say something like 'practice makes you more proficient'. You can't be perfect, but you can be proficient.

This is what I truly feel about writing. And frankly speaking, I think posting blog entries helps. From my self assessment, I think I've become more proficient in writing structured message =). But yeah, still lagging behind in Management Communication (obviously, the D+ mark)

Well, I guess I have to keep the practice to achieve more proficiency =]

n.b. DO NOT SEEK FOR PERFECTION! If the statement that 'nobody is perfect' is true, then you really shouldn't seek perfection in your life. Why? You'll end up disappointed because you can never be perfect.

1 comments :

  1. amari said...

    gw setuju lho. gara2 sering tulis blog inggris gw jadi gak berantakan..
    dan gara2 itu juga dulu waktu poly gw enak2 aja kalo bikin pr..hehe.

    tp susah ya kalo gak mencari perfection..masalahnya kalo loe perfectionist susah..=x