Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life sucks? Yes, but it's still enjoyable

Back again with the girl who is in a high writing mood right now.

Referring to my previous post Singing: such a harmony of which mentioned that life generally sucks, I would like to put in a few comments regarding this.

There's a saying that is unequivocally true: The grass in the other side is always greener. This is the indisputable truth that cause us to suffer. As what Buddha said, 'life is a suffering'. We suffer because we were constantly in envy with other people.

You may think you don't envy others when your life is so perfect. But I've known better. I consider my life to be more fortunate compared to some others, but I still find myself desiring something those who are less fortunate than me own. Let me give a graphic example of this. I really really think that I lived a smooth and sailing life during my childhood and puberty compared to my sister who had a lot of problems (silly & serious ones). Though I'm blessed with not much problems, I know that I envy my sister for those problems. I really think that getting problems is where I can get the experience so that I would be more experienced and wise in the future.

Weird, right? Envying someone for their problems when you have none at all.

Envy, such a strong feeling. Envy does not mean ungrateful. You can envy someone even when you're grateful. Like me, I'm actually grateful that I don't have to go through all the problems, but I also envy those who had problems.

Urm... Now I confuse myself.....

Anyway, life sucks when you know you can't get what you want and envy others for their getting it. But life is still enjoyable in its own way, in your own way. Life still can be enjoyed when you put what you have in yourself into work and be grateful for it.

0 comments :