Saturday, January 10, 2009

Singing: such a harmony

Ever since I was in kindergarten, I've started singing in a choir. Back then, I have two commitments (though I did not use such complicated word back then), singing and dancing. I remembered that I had to choose one from the two to attend a competition in Surabaya (yes, kindergarten competition -- I even remember my friend sleeping in our way back in the car with her mouth open, haha). And back then, I chose dancing. That was not because I didn't like choir. It's just that I enjoyed dance more.

Until primary school, I still continued dancing (til around pri 3 I think). That was the time where my chubbiness turned from a cutey chubby to freaking fatso. And I lost my confidence to still be in a dance (duh, that was not the true reason though. I feet always hurt after ballet lesson -- dunno what went wrong). So I stopped dancing since then.

My interest was still there though. I would love to join dance in junior high or senior high, but the available dance was not the type of dance I'd like to join. So in senior high I joined choir back. =).
My choir career did not last though, because I have whole lots of other activities then. I would attend the practices but during performance day I often could not make it because I got something else more important on (it's rather sad actually).

At university, my old passion for dance came back because I found a dance group where I'd enjoy learning the dance (contemp - classic). Sadly, (yes! very very very sad!), I did not get to join because I flunked my audition. And here, a weighty girl amongst slender & thing girls (duh, life sucks a bit more if you're fat - note that I'm saying life generally sucks). And after that, I found the choir again~ which I really really enjoy.

One interesting thing about me is that I don't really follow music, I don't really like listening to the music, but I love singing.

And singing contributes much of my last week schedule: singing practices everyday all week long (be it choir or honk or the kissing group). It helps though; now it feels easier to reach high pitches xD.

I love my choir, I love singing, I love the harmony, I love the people.

We will be performing our annual concert: "Wrinkles in the air to.." next month. You're invited to watch our performance at Esplanade Recital Studio on Feb 10. Tickets is $16 each =). Contact me for tix!

0 comments :